PE4K Family Connections
We value close connections between our families and educators. We develop and maintain these connections by listening carefully to parents when they share information about their children’s wellbeing, growth and learning, and then by ensuring that we tell parents about their child’s day.
We also encourage families to be involved in the Centre by attending its social events, contributing ideas to the program and taking part in decision-making.
Ways we communicate with parents include:
- OWNA App where parents can see the details of their child’s food and drink intake, rest/sleep times, nappy changes, photos, and comments about their children’s day
- Speaking with you informally when you collect your child or through phone calls.
- Notice boards
Ways parents can participate in the Centre include:
- Chatting to educators about your child’s day
- Informing educators about your child’s special talents, interests and hobbies away from the Centre
- Offering ideas and suggestions
- Reading to the children
- Sharing skills, talents and cultural aspects of family life with your child’s group • Attending social and parent functions
- Sharing special occasions and events (e.g. birthday celebrations) with your child
- Immediately communicating any concerns that you may have about your child’s learning
- Attending parent-educator interviews to discuss the program and your child’s response to it
- Completing surveys about the program, routines, policies and overall operation of the Centre